The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Humble pie (thrown in yo eye)

I will openly admit it, I was wrong. It is a poorly kept secret that I have learned to hate the iphone, and respectively Apple along with it. Forget the fact that I have an ipod which I do quite enjoy even though it comes from the same company. I justify it in my mind by assuming that those devices were created and designed by totally and completely unrelated departments within the conglomerate.

Now as a side effect, and yes, it is once again contradictory, is that even though I use itunes (because of the before mentioned ipod) that the iphone is also quite often synced with that program for various reasons that you do not need to know if you do not own an iphone or respectively, already know about them because you do. So I have gained a lower respect for itunes due to simply from that fact.

However, I did find a feature on itunes which undoubtedly has been there for who knows how long but had gotten continually overlooked by me. This would be the itunes radio. With it's countless internet radio stations it is hard not to quickly fall in love (ok, ok, mild affection with maybe some heavy petting). Hell, they have 111 metal stations which is awesome for this chick. So yes, I must give out a kudos to itunes and admit that regardless of how justified I may be in my general opinions, there are often aspects to everything within which we can find a common ground and reach a sort of temporary peace even if just for a brief moment.

(Afterthoughts)
Admittedly, I do also use the itunes DJ as well since it randomly plays the songs I have stored.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Have you pressed the genius button? I resisted, after all how could it be as clever as me at picking a playlist. Darn thing is just great at generating a sort of DJ playlist based on the track you choose to suit your mood and you can save it if it is to your liking.

Perhaps Liz only plays heavy metal then there is no real point.

Would love to hear the disdain in your voice when you deal with these poor customers, I am imagining a sort of Monty Python superior put down. can you post an example?

Caroline xxx

Lucie G said...

I don't have any of Mr Jobs products apart from itunes so don't understand the total cult like following that surrounds all Apple products. But I do agree with you on the radio function.

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Caroline
I have not tried that button yet, however, ironically you cannot speak with a tech support person from Apple, the title of that position is also "genius."

Frighteningly enough I am actually rather nice and sweet on the phone, at least until I have them on hold. When I decide to turn smartass I usually inform them the the contract they signed clearly states that service is not guaranteed. Then I ask why they were willing to sign over 2 years of their life without bothering to read the details of what they were legally agreeing to.

@ Lucy
Cult is a damn good word, and one which I am totally going to use from now on. Viva la Resistance.

Caroline said...

iwould change my $12 phone for an iphone just to look at it'sbeauty and to be able to chat to you about contracts that cost as much as a small car!

Most of my incomming messages are to tell me that ihave changed countries and now ican be charged a small fortune to talk to my friends. icalculated that each call iwould make on the cheapest contract would be about $15!

For interest how does demidaemoness communicate when out without an iphone?

Caroline xxx

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Caroline
How else would you think I communicate, by growling at someone in person as I squeezingly grasp their throat.

Caroline said...

And you look so cute!

Guess I shall keep at least at arms length!

Caroline xxx

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Caroline
It's the crimson on my fangs that makes me adorable. ;)