The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

In retrospect...

Being half demoness (even though I'm usually a sweetie, blah *gag, gag*) it really isn't too damn surprising that I have a huge well of rage inside of me. But days like this make me realize that I will always have my half demons nature when how easy it is for me to tap into the well of rage and feel the fires that burn deep down inside of me burst into a fireball with barely a thought.

It always reminds me of this quote from the Terry Pratchett book, Monstrous Regiment.

"Good evening, gentlemen!" said the vampire. "Please pay attention. I am a reformed vampire, which is to say, I am a bundle of suppressed instincts held together with spit and coffee. It would be wrong to say that violent, tearing carnage does not come easily to me. It's not tearing your throats out that doesn't come easily to me. Please don't make it any harder."

(Afterthoughts)
Scary but so damn true. Just replace vampire with half demoness and you got me clocked pretty damn good.

No comments: