The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Politically incorrect festival

Apparently they have what is known as a "pride festival" going on in my state capital this weekend. Being brimming with pride in my own overflowing awesomeness, it would seem like the ideal place for me to go to expand my massive infamy. However, I discovered, luckily before I made the drive, that they used "pride" in an entirely alternate meaning. And when I say "alternate," I really mean the fabulously decorated type of alternate. Turns out that pride is actually rather gay, and I mean that in the literal sense. Not really the best place for a common as dirt, poorly dressed, straight girl to go wandering off into. Especially when she is half-demoness and half-Amazonian which could very easily cause me to be mistaken as some type of big burly dominating lesbian (other than the bulging muscles which I totally lack along with completely zero desire of sexual interest in other women). I love my gay and lesbian friends, but purely in a platonic way and plan on it staying that way.

So in honor of the hardships and trials of lifestyles of my friends who swing to a much more fabulous beat, here is a rainbow for y'all.



(Afterthoughts)
If you wish to read about the unfairness of a rainbow being used as a symbol for alternative lifestyles (did anyone ask it if it wanted to be that type of symbol???), Tannerleah did a wonderful post on that subject titled "Why Do Rainbows Have To Be Gay?" which you all should go read right this instant.

2 comments:

the CFG said...

yeah, the whole "pride festival" thing wouldn't appeal to me either...nice rainbow BTW xx

alan said...

Long as I get to look up and see one every now and then I really don't care if they're gay or not...

alan