The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Riding The Rails

After a long 3/4 of a year bumming around on unemployment the time has come to hop the train and move to a new city. My decent job options are pretty much burned out here in Terre Haute so much to my family's joy and excitement I am moving back to them (which Mom has been begging for every week for the past 3 years lol). I start with the 1st of X amount of trips transporting my possessions 180 miles away (3 1/2 hour trip each way) beginning this very morning.

My decision to make the move is 2 fold:
(1) My job potential is better in that location due to the much higher amount of machine shops in the area mainly due to a few of the world's biggest orthopedic manufacturers having their corporate headquarters in the small city of Warsaw.
(2) If I have not obtained employment by the time my unemployment runs out in a few months, the money I have saved on rent will be enough to support me for a while so that I can take a contracting job again in a different state which will earn me a much higher paycheck than working anywhere else.

So while I have enjoyed my time here in T.H. the time has come for me to adventure on back to my old stomping grounds while I wait to turn the page to the next chapter in my pretentious life ;-)

(Afterthoughts)
Woo Hoo, new record set for the length between blog posts.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Liz, now you have set that record it is time to go for the"sustained period of blogging" record! Missed you.

Caroline xxx

alan said...

I know there are little ones there who will love having you come home...they grow so fast!

Hope everything works out somehow!

alan

Pandora Caitiff said...

Good luck!

Hope the move isn't too stressful :)

Melissa said...

LizzyBeth,

I didn't know you were a Hoosier! I spent 3 1/2 years of a much more innocent time in Indianapolis, from the second half of the fourth grade, all the way through the 7th grade. Although it was a very long time ago, I will never forget it. It was a favorite time in my life. A time of discovery. I often wonder how different my life would have been, had I stayed, instead of moving to the Mid Atlantic.

I hope you can find work in Warsaw. Machining high tech body parts.....hmmmmm...... seems right up your alley, although I'm sure you will have to restrain yourself. No scissor hands!

Good luck, sweetie!
Melissa XX

Anonymous said...

We missed you. Come see me in Dallas.

Julia Mitchell

Anonymous said...

Moving back home may be the wise thing, but not always the fun thing. I should know. If you need someone to talk to... you know how to reach me :)

In the meantime, don't be such a stranger to blogger... we've all missed your adventures! :)

Love,
E.

Stace said...

Hope the move has gone well (who knows maybe you have posted an update that I'll reach in a few days when I have caught up on my backlog...)

About 8 or 9 years ago I was going to move back from Holland to the UK (thank goodness that didn't work out!) and ended up having my posesions in several towns across the two countries (about 800 miles I think between the two that were furthest away). I like to say how long it took to get everything back into one house, but I think I actually threw stuff out rather than get it back in the end... (Would you want a bed stored in a garage that isn't totally closed to the elements after a year? Original plan was for a couple of weeks)

Stace

Calie said...

Well, I hate to see you missing good friends but I do hope the job market works out for you, Liz.

Calie xx