The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Secret Lair Unveiled



Holy trogamites Batgirl, it's top secret photographic showslide evidence of our favorite shinigami's secret lair. Yep, that is the current lair. Granted it is not very huge but it is about the perfect size for me. For those obsessed with dimensions, it is roughly 13'x13' (I only had a 12' tape measure lol). Since I am a bit of a packrat, I was forced to learn a very tough lesson about efficient decorational organization. The hardest part was taking my 2 large shelves of dvd's and throwing out all the cases so that I could put the discs into two cases that each hold 354 discs (one is full & the other about half full). So that among several other similar details taught this old half-demoness some new tricks that in retrospect I am very glad to have learned and am a better person overall for it with no rant in sight on that particular topic for a change.

(Afterthoughts)
Don't be mocking my cot, it is hella comfy and I sleep just as well upon it as I did my queen sized bed. If you can find a full retail priced object of $40 that isn't named "motel room" or "borderline legal chemical" that will provide a great night's rest, then I will smile & spit at ya.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

That is a palace compared to some places I have lived, heck you don't even have to share toilet facilities or walk down two floor to a kitchen colder than a deep freeze! Lucky devil.

Caroline XXX

Melissa said...

Oh, you poor baby girl! You have to sleep in your kitchen! In fact you have to live in you kitchen! :-)

Actually it's pretty darned nice, and the epitome of efficiency. You seem to have made the most of it. Just one burning question though. What do you keep in that big tool box???

BTW, have I ever told you, that I think you are just precious!

Melissa XX

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

Ok, that toolbox is what i used and will use again if I go back to my cnc machining career. Right now it has my tools from that line of work but soon they are gonna get boxed up and go into the closet so I can have access to the drawers for girly household stuff alongside the practical tools that can be used in the world outside of cnc machining.

BTW, the top on my toolbox was custom made by a former co-worker out of cherry wood and is just simply beautiful. It always impressed when I rolled around the factory and got quite a few offers trying to buy just that part off of me.

Melissa said...

Well, now you are extra special to me. :-)

I used to push a similar tool box around a factory floor. For 20 years I worked as an industrial electrician. Later, I worked as an electrical and instrument planner, and often had to engage our plant machinists, to make parts for projects I was planning.

You really are a sweetheart, LizzyBeth, and I am so happy to have discovered your blog!

Melissa XX

Calie said...

I watched it several times. I really did. I looked very closely at everything but....

I couldn't find the bidet.

Calie said...

@Melissa - I've been telling her that for a long time. I think she may actually be beginning to believe us!

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Calie,

BTW, I had to look up what a bidet was and let's just say it reminded me why ignorance is bliss. My eyes, they burnssssssss.

Caroline said...

Bidet is bliss!

Caroline xxx