The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boobquake Idiocy

Seriously, boobquake is being passed off as an "experiment" to show that just because a woman decides to dress a hair's breadth away from the very real legal crime of indecent exposure, it will not cause earthquakes. When you feel the ground shaking and hear the rumbling sound of a cattle stampede, that is merely from the large group of men rushing their way to "scientifically observe" the latest participant in this ridiculous experiment. I could rant a bit more on the topic but if it is not blindingly obvious where I am going with this then (A) you are observing the experiment or (B) you are one of the special (education type, not talented typed of special) participants.

So instead, here is some little known background info for y'all to wrap your brains around about the event. Boobquake was not the original name for the event (is it even worthy of being called an "event"???) Other names initially considered were :
- Breastploitation
- Sponge Goatee For Men
- Back Pain Awareness Day
- Squeeze Into A Bra 3 Sizes Too Small Challenge
- Photoshop Nipples Away
- I'd Never Guess You Had Surgery From Such A "Natural" Size
- Let's See How Gullible, Stupid, Shallow, And/Or Slutty Women Are
- Who Needs X-ray Glasses
- How Dare You Say I'm Size 8 When I Fit In A Size 2
- Men Don't Need To Blink
- It's The Only Way I Can Breathe While Wearing My Grade School Daughter's Clothes

And those are just the ones that fall within titles of decency, even I had to stop and reread some of the worse ones because I thought I had seen them incorrectly, and I wish that had been the case (my eyes . . . they burn . . . THEY BURN!!!) I honestly feel ashamed to be a woman after witnessing so many of my gender jumping on such of a bandwagon.

Just one more important thing to add, this experiment response to the Islamic speech if it were even based on a legitimate theory would still be pointless. Here is the direct quote from the speech : "When promiscuity spreads, earthquakes increase," Hojatoleslam Kazim Sadeghi said. For those without a dictionary handy, that means having sex with lots of people. Being a slut and flashing yourself, while still wrong, is a hella lot different.

(Afterthoughts)
For those women out there who say they always dress like that, I guess we now know who is keeping the pepper spray and rape hotlines in business.

5 comments:

Jeff1974 said...

There must be something wrong with my blackberry's explorer because there wasn't any pics in this post, there should be pics ... No there must be pics, darn it , refresh refresh..

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

I had this really hella sexy one but it isn't letting me post it here with my reply. Damn the luck.

Calie said...

Unlike most of your posts, I was not amused by this one. Not offended either, however.

Actually, I'm not sure where you are going with this and I am, indeed, not one of the participants nor have I even been the type who dwells on mammaries, which I happen to think are a beautiful part of the female anatomy....something I do wish I was blessed with.

You didn't define what you consider to be women who "always dress like that", so I don't know what your threshold of (in)decency is

You know, Liz, what I read into this post was actually a bit of jealousy of those who have been endowed, and that I can respect and show empathy for. Just my viewpoint and I know you won't be shy in responding.

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Calie
You do need to have a bit (actually a lot) of a twisted sense of moralistic values to find this post amusing. Or at least I think that would be the case but since I lack a true sense of morals it is always difficult for me to judge. That is one of the reasons I simply follow my emotions (which is quite often anger) and write what I want to say without trying to worry about political correctness and other such nonsense.

As far as a definition for the dress code I was referring to, just take yourself an eyefull of the boobquake picture extravaganza for a visual reference.

I find it interesting that you read jealousy into this post because we often see a reflection of what is running loose in our own minds when we read things (no wonder I often get verbally slapped around from the comments I leave elsewhere due to my unique perspectives). Considering your own situation (which I am sorry you are stuck in) that is one of the things I would expect you to see in this post. Granted that while I wouldn't mind a little more up top, I sure as hell don't want the almost caricature ridiculousness that was showcased from this event. I do enjoy being able to sleep on my tummy, see my toes, cross my arms, and I already have a bad enough back that I can do without aggravating it even more.

Jeff1974 said...

Where are peoples shock with how women are held with such contempt and anger in the middle east. Nothing other than the female form has been seen with the level of beauty, fascination, regard, nor the level of anger, jealousy and fear. Here we see superstitious people,much like those who burned women for being witches, once more blaming things beyond their 'manly' control on their women, earthquakes are cause by women wearing tight coats and showing any skin, wtf. But the objectification as a sexual thing, one to be owned and controlled, is to be battled will showing more skin be their weapon? 'Hey, look at my tits' may not be the best way to elevate their status as equals. Not that I don't enjoy the show. But they seem to lower themselves to objects to prove they are not so, ineffective.