The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

My new fossil discovery



Digging around in frozen depths I discovered these beauties hidden beyond the sight of casual by-passers. They are resting in a pan full of sludge in that pic but are simply amazing when viewed up close on a display plate. So what are they exactly? Ancient fossils from an era long past? Or something more recent from maybe the past couple of centuries? The truth is that they are t-bone steaks from one of my family's pet cows, baked in a potato cheese teriyaki garlic sauce. Ha ha. Looks like a train wreck but are damn tasty. I was hoping a friend of mine would be able to visit and stay for a couple of days but unfortunate circumstances prevented that from happening. So I was kind of sad and depressed about that so I decided to cook myself a nice meal to try to pick my spirits up a bit. Of course that meant that this meal did not come out of my oven until 3am and I finally managed to roll into bed at 5am this morning. Oh well, sleep sucks anyway, I never have truly enjoyed it (seriously, I hate sleeping, all joking aside.)

No comments: