The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Give the girls a good home

Ok, ok, this is a problem all of us girls have (no, not THAT one) with the moody and temperamental washing/dryer machines. Not only are they infamous in their pursuit of the rare delicacy of those tasty missing socks, but another less publicized harassment they churn on us is the "cops on the redneck's lawn at 2am to hear how she 'fell into a doorknob'" type abuse our bras go through in those vandalizing machines.

Since I rarely watch TV I undoubtedly missed this gem when it crossed the late night infomercial scene, but happened to run across it in Wal-Mart (our holy redneck heaven). I speak of none other than the esteemed Bra Baby. I honestly could go on about how clever and resourceful and much needed such a product is but to save time just watch this quick demo video instead and let yourself be the judge & jury on this trial.

(Afterthoughts)
I bought a single one at the store for $5 so check the local retails before ordering online.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Still working on the filling but when I am done I shall keep this in mind, looks like a logical sort of solution when you think about it. In "Hedwig and the angry inch" , Hedwig was furious when hers was put in the machine at all.

Caroline xxx

Melissa said...

That looks more effective than the mesh bags I use. Do you put your bras in the dryer? I've been afraid to put my foam lined tee shirt bras in the dryer, ever since I ruined a garter belt(the heat from the dryer warped the nylon garter buttons), so I hang mine up to dry.

Melissa XX

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

Yeah I run them thru the washer/dryer deadly duo, but when I do laundry here in a couple of days I'll let y'all know how the initial test run of this product seems to work out, although with the damage my bras have already sustained it may be a bit sketchy determining exactly how effective. Generally the padding shifts around a bit and tends to come out a bit misshapen and a tad lumpy so I am going to base my judgment pretty much on that aspect alone. Stay tuned...

Stace said...

A simple solution to a long time problem...

We (well Mrs Stace actually) use the mesh bags, and whilst they help they are not perfect, I'll have to see if we can get these over here yet.

Stace

Leslie Ann said...

I have heard from folks who should know that a bra should NEVER be put in the dryer. It changes their shape and deteriorates the materials. Perhaps that is the source of the lumpiness?