The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

There's surely some point to this one

Blah blah, woke up this morning screaming, half rage and half terror from another nightmare. They haven't been happening as frequently as they used to (like every single freakin' night lol) and because of the loss of intimate familiarity they seem to punch just a shade harder now. Hooray. This one involved me dragging people into a safe house where they could hopefully hideout from a rampaging monster thing. Right before I woke up screaming I was heading for the door myself when a little furball of teeth and claws (aka a kitten) tore its way up my leg and back and threw itself against the door in abject terror. So I grabbed it (what the hell was I thinking, ouch, my poor skin) and tossed it inside the house. Of course I had to look behind me to see why it was so freaked out only to naturally find the monster thing lurking right behind me. Great, even my damn nightmares have turned cliche lol. So naturally this long tentacle with a large gaping mouth full of sharp teeth lunges straight at me (cliche cliche cliche) and I punched it, saving myself a nasty bite in exchange for some bloodied knuckles. As it backed away in shock I jumped straight at it landing a few good hits and kicks while it shrieked and flailed and bit at me. That was the point I finally woke up partly relieved after my screaming had stopped and partly still thirsting for blood (luckily I was sleeping alone lol.) Welcome to my world, please stay off the grass, it's difficult to regrow after monsters get their slime all over it. :)

(Afterthoughts)
As far as my dream, don't think I'm getting soft because I saved a kitten. In real life I would have tossed that little whirlwind of claws straight at the damn monster as soon as I could have ripped it out of its death hold on my skin. Best to open an attack on a monster with another one I always say lol.

No comments: