The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Didn't even get kissed

I had a couple blogs planned instead of this rant which would have been a hella lot more entertaining but since I'm fucking pissed as hell, y'all get this instead (honestly, I feel sorry for making ya read this.)

I spent about 4 hours putting together a simple computer desk after work last night (it should have been about a one hour job, thanks crappy instructions, I love dismantling most of my work so that I can flip a small board over so that it could be finished) and still managed to get 5-6 hours of sleep (hooray!) I really wanted to skip work and sleep until mid-afternoon but had to get up and drag my ass into the factory instead. So I clock in and take the damn long walk to about the farthest area away from the door in the plant as they can possibly get since I am working on the other machines in my cell right now since the lathes up front don't currently have any work for them. As #4 and I get back there, we see that the doors to our area are closed (it's on the other side of a wall and they have a gate across the doorway which I have never seen closed before.) It wasn't locked but they had the 2 doors tied shut, so WTF!, screw that, I cut the tape to see why the damn things were closed. Lo and behold, they painted the effing floor all around the 2 machines. Damn son of bitches, why the hell did they do that, seriously, why did noone tell anyone else that was going to be done this weekend. Well, I spied a way to squeeze around to get to the machines and we could see that one of them had a part loaded on it so #4 works his way over and yells at me that the other machine is empty. And the parts that need to go on it are across one of the isles that they painted today, so no way in hell we could get them from point A to point B without tracking thru wet paint. Luckily they had moved my toolbox over infront of the machines so I told #4 to use my spare key and just use my tools today so he could run the machine that was loaded and I went walking around the factory to see if there was anything else I could work on today. The only thing else I could have ran ended up being in an unknown state because the other machinists who work over there (in my old area) rarely leave notes, and even when they do they are often vague and inconclusive or simply downright confusing. So my next stop is to read the overtime list to find out who we have as a supervisor today and give him a call. He was not very happy to find out that they had painted around machines that were supposed to be ran today but agreed that there was nothing we could do about it at this point and although he was kinda pissed about that happening, appreciated the heads up about the situation and for letting him know I was heading back home.

(Afterthoughts)
The worst part is that I need the sleep and although I have the opportunity to do so, totally lack the ability to get any rest at this point and will be awake until the extreme early morning hours that I am typically up until anyways. Grrrrr!

No comments: