The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

New game

My birthday (May 12th) was a fairly underwhelming affair. I went to the laundry mat (woo hoo???) and then got all dolled up (eek, rare occurrence) and sat on my couch reading a book. I sent out a few text messages to some of my friends since we had all agreed to go out to the bar to celebrate me turning 35 Yep, 35, I am not gonna lie about my age like the freaking pissed off cliche chicks who switch into pure bitchy mode if someone even hints they might be anything other than 29 at the absolutely eldest regardless of the fact that your grandmother looks younger than them. Of course I did not hear a single thing back from any of them so I said hell with it and decided to stay in and enjoy a quiet night to myself for once.

That didn't quite work out that way although it was not too far off. My neighbor stopped by around 11 pm and decided to take me out to eat. Hooray for Denny's being open 27/7. Then yesterday (Friday which was 3 days after my birthday) I got a card in the mail from my Mom. She sent me a gift card for Wal-Mart and my 2 oldest nephews sent me headbands and ponytail holders (yea!) conveniently stuffed inside the card.

Every single year since before I was a teenaged moody/bitchy girl (funny how things never seem to change) I have gotten a videogame for both my birthday and Christmas each year with no break in that tradition. So to keep things going I used most of the gift card to buy a birthday game (she sent a giftcard so I could pick out what game I wanted). Sadly, they have a poor selection most of the time (um, try a Gamestop card next time, OK) but I finally decided upon "X-Men Origins Wolverine, -Uncaged Edition-" since it seemed like the best choice which I did not already own.

As far as what makes it an "uncaged edition" I have no idea since every copy I have seen of this game claims the same thing. It was my understanding that in order to have any type of special edition product, you first needed an inferior original product to compare it to and spout out how much better the newer and shinier one is. But alas, clever marketing has totally cut out the inconvenience of promoting the original and jumped straight to the improved version but cutting out the middle man game in the first place.

That is total fucking crap! A clever and misleading marketing scheme does not have the ability to make anything better by simply slapping a nicer label on it. Don't like the taste of Haggis then try the new and improved version which you can tell is totally different because it says so on the packaging. Blah!

(Afterthoughts)
Watch for my new and improved special -uber bitchy edition- blog coming soon to a computer near you!!!

3 comments:

Mr. Jeff said...

The ''Mommy says I'm special'' edition

Calie said...

Um....dare I say it?

Happy Birthday?

Ms.LizzyBeth said...

@ Calie
Thank you for the belated birthday wishes.