The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wait? What!?!

Off on my way to work yesterday I, um, screamed, when I saw this lying on my sidewalk thinking that it was a scorpion waiting to attack me (don't ask what I have been through if that was what immediately hit my mind). Turned out to be just a dried out crawdad so I poked it with a stick and broke it dried twig-like legs off pushing it around (with the stick of course).



(Afterthoughts)
I'm not even gonna ask how the hell it ended up on the sidewalk when there are no nearby lakes/ponds/rivers/streams. Let's go with the military policy on this one (don't ask/ don't tell).

3 comments:

alan said...

Probably something someone found in Daddy's bait bucket or the back of his pickup and tossed out just to cause daymares!

I remember slipping a plastic centipede in someone's gloves at work once many years ago...I'm lucky I worked far enough from them they had time to cool down before "next break"!

alan

Anonymous said...

street scorpions are tasty when many are brought togather and boiled with spices.

alan said...

Hmmmmmm Cousin Fuss...I like, I like...

alan