The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Friday, September 26, 2008

School teacher gives a high five

I checked the board where my teacher leaves general messages to us, so far I've gotten a perfect score on all the assignments and tests. And I am aparently also a shining example. This is the message she left for everyone in class to read:

Grades for week 2 are posted. Many of you are doing well in the discussion threads, but some of you are lacking. Make sure you are answering the question fully, and are using supporting facts from the reading. This is a learning experience and you all are doing a great job sharing and learning from one another within you response posts. I usually do not do this but we are all in this together, and I want is for you to learn everything you can before you move on to your next class. Ok... with that said..... I would like the people that may not have received full points on week 2's post to look at the following learners posts- for an example of how to answer the discussion questions, how the leaner discusses the facts or his/her experience within the topic, etc:

(she listed a few people and I was one of them)

Their posts are just examples of how you can move forward in this class and within your classes to come."

(Afterthoughts)
I was just shocked, I was hoping that I was doing ok but honestly haven't felt like I've done nearly as good of a job as I could. I wrote every assignment so far pretty much off the top of my head, the most writing prep I have done for them (besides the textbook reading) is jot down a couple of brief notes (usually just 2 or 3 words) to help keep me guided in my writing. That is sooo freaking scary and awesome at the same time. Everyone, let's hear a "HELL YEAH!" lol.

No comments: