The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tech makes life soooo easier

Sometimes, I hate computers, I mean really, really hate them. My laptop has needed reformatted for quite a while now but I've been putting off fixing it since I've been too tired and just been too stressed with everything trying to get my liver in shape to dedicate the time to it. So I finally decided that the time had come since things are going better for me to get that project over with. 3 hours later and the reformat is done and I go to install AVG it totally locks up on me while it is updating. Ack!!! Can't get it to respond at all. And I can't do a hard shut down to try to reset it because my power button broke a couple months ago (I've been turning it on thru the dvd player/ media touch sensitive button.) So I tried unplugging it, wait, it's a laptop, it has a battery, damn. That's OK, the battery will drain in a couple of hours and shut down. No, actually it won't since I hadn't reset the power options to keep it from going into power save mode. Damn, if I keep waking it up I might get it drained in about a day. Just when I'm starting to cry from pure frustration, it clicks in my mind that battery power also means that the battery can be removed to kill it for a bad hard reset. However since it is really late, and I worked today (I still consider it saturday since I haven't been to bed yet and the sun has not yet peeked over the horizon) I'm just gonna kill the juice to it and deal with it sunday, and most likely do another reformat. Blah. This isn't the first time I've had this happen but it usually makes me angry instead of wanting to cry, hooray for hormone induced emotions, which is actually the point of this post. And yes, I wrote this from my phone and while I could have used the time it has taken to blog this to have actually done some work on my laptop, I just needed to talk instead to make myself feel better (yeah, yeah, typical girl thing, I know, but what else did ya expect lol.)

No comments: